Topic prepared by Dr. Salwa Almadani …
- Tooth impaction can be defined as the infraosseous position of the tooth after the expected time of eruption.
- Anomalous infraosseous position of the canine before the expected time of eruption can be defined as a displacement.
- Early diagnosis and intervention could save the time, expense, and more complex treatment in the permanent dentition.
According to Thilander and Ericson and Kurol :
The incidence of impacted maxillary canines is around 2-3% of the general population and mandibular canine impactions in approximately 0.2%.
Ngan P, Bishara the most common impacted tooth:
- maxillary & mandibular 3rd Molars
- maxillary canine
- mandibular Premolars
- mandibular canine
Proffit, Cooke J:
- maxillary impaction occur more commonly in females than males in the ratio of 2:1
Stivaros and Mandall (2000)*
- Impacted canine crown is palatal in 61% of cases
- In the line of the arch in 34% of cases
- Labial in 4.5% of cases.
Prof.Afify AR, Prof.Zawawi KH. (2012)**
The prevalence of impacted canine was the second frequent anomaly (3.3%) after congenitally missing teeth in the western region of Saudi Arabia. Continue reading Canine Impactions
Fantastic guidelines for academic writing.
This is a directory of some dental supplies companies in Jeddah / Saudi Arabia.
If you have got more numbers kindely write it in the comments below to add it later in the table. Continue reading Ortho Supplies Phone Directory
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والصلاة والسلام على أشرف الأنبياء والمرسلين سيدنا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه أجمعين.
In the name of Allah, the most compassionate the most merciful.
In the beginning, I would like to welcome all visitors of our specialized blog.This blog was mainly created to post , discuss and share scientific issues in Orthodontics especially what is related to periodic meetings held in King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia ) as a part of the 4 to 5 years Saudi Board of Orthodontics program.The idea that led us to create this blog was inspired by our Professor ; Dr.Ali Habib who always spends his efforts for the success of this program.
In our weekly meetings we have a book review , literature review and one or two case presentations presented by the orthodontic residents and supervised by our great instructors.Summary of the articles presented as well as other scientific issues that were raised during the meetings will be posted in this blog and left open for comments.
I hope this blog will expand to include more activities in the future as well as find a way to benefit all orthodontists all over the world.
ENJOY Orthodontics .. It is a wonderful specialty 🙂
Dr. Hani Alhebshi
Orthodontist : )